A huge night for the company, Sharper Management took home half of the awards presented at the annual Holiday Gala and Vision Awards for the Community Association Institute-MN Chapter (CAI) held on Thursday, December 2nd.
CAI, the international trade organization for community associations and regarded as the national experts in education programs, publications, association governance, and advocacy and the accreditation body, holds this annual event to recognize and celebrate managers, business partners, and homeowner leaders. There are eight awards given out for both associations and for individual managers. Nominations are submitted by CAI members and a special voting committee reviews all nomination applications for specific criteria. The awards are a high honor and significant recognition by industry experts for industry professionals. Sharper took home the following:
- Mark Ownes – Above & Beyond. This award recognizes an individual for substantive achievement in performing tasks and services beyond the typical job description and scope of responsibilities.
- Kimberly DuPont – Financial Impact. This award recognizes a manager who positively impacted a community(s) in a significant manner, such as budget management, capital improvement project management, insurance claim navigation, etc.
- Tom Parson – Sophomore of the Year. This award recognizes a manager with less than two years’ experience that excelled in all aspects of community association management functions.
- Fountain Woods II – Association of the Year. This award recognizes an association Board of Directors whose members clearly understand their roles and fiduciary responsibilities, putting the association’s interests ahead of and above all personal agendas.
- Volunteer of the Year – Melissa Cushing. A special award given by the Board of Directors of CAI to an individual that has made significant contributions to the organization in their volunteer efforts.
In addition to these winners, Sharper had two other nominees and two runners-up candidates. Sharper Management was quite visible throughout the evening, with 28 staff members in attendance, and Josh Reams, the outgoing Chapter president, facilitating and speaking much of the evening. It was a great night to celebrate Sharper Management in front of 350 industry friends and colleagues!