The Minnesota Chapter of the Community Associations Institute recently honored Cara Nelson for her work in the field of community management. Nelson was given the Above & Beyond Award at CAI-MN’s annual Vision Awards ceremony.
The Above & Beyond Award is given to an individual for substantive achievement in the areas of task performance, service and humanitarian efforts, and generally going above and beyond the typical job description of a community manager.
Nelson won for a variety of reasons that include:
• An exemplary display of “grace under pressure” when working with boards in conflict;
• Organization and knowledge on maintenance issues;
• Her ability to work with local officials and engineers when called up to do so;
• Team spirit in helping other managers at Sharper when needed;
• Delivering successful outcomes for her communities in a variety of ways;
• Her caring heart in organizing Sharper’s efforts to participate in charity events such as the Polar Plunge
“Cara’s self-starter attitude, knowledge of the business, and commitment to community are all great assets to Sharper Management,” states Candy Lee, Director of Community Management. “We are all happy to see Cara formally recognized for her efforts.”
Sharper Management is a leader in the HOA property management market. Serving the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and Phoenix, AZ; Sharper Management is known for reliability and commitment to service.
Founded in 1973 as a multidisciplinary, nonprofit alliance serving all stakeholders in community associations, CAI is the only national organization dedicated to fostering vibrant, responsive, competent community associations. CAI is regarded as the national expert in educational programs and publications about community association governance, operations, and management. CAI’s members look to us for information about new products, educational opportunities, technologies, and better ways to run their communities.