With interest rates and housing inventory at historic lows, this is a very good time to sell your home. If you’re considering putting your HOA property on the market soon, there are a few things to remember about selling an HOA.
A review of the Governing Documents for your Association is a good idea to know what kind of questions may arise during the sales process. If you need an updated copy of your Governing Documents, they are typically available on your Association’s website through Sharper Management.
As the seller, you will be required to provide resale disclosure documents about your HOA. These documents contain a wealth of information for a buyer that include things like:
- Pending litigation about the association
- Up-to-date information about assessments
- The Association’s financial status
- Covenants and restrictions within the HOA
- Any violations about the unit you are selling
- Governing documents for the HOA
You may request resale disclosures through the Sharper Management website or visit this link directly to learn more.